Monday, April 04, 2005

You can't handle the truth

Okay, I must come clean. I didn't go to a bachelor party this weekend. I lied. Not sure if I should tell you this, but there may be a career change in my not-too-distant future.
I took an aptitude test for the EvilEmpire company back home.
It was fairly easy, but timed. If offered a job there, I may be moving back home. The pay would be about $8,000 more a year without overtime. Plus I would be closer to the family. And I could live with my folks for free until I get an apartment, which would allow me to pay off the piles of debt. Big heaping piles.
The downside is that I'd be leaving this job in the pharma industry. And I'd probably have to do shift work. But money talks and the bullshit pay I get here will make me walk.
Guess I have some soul-searching to do and stuff. Hell, I don't even know if the EvilEmpire will hire me. It does help that Paw-paw worked there for 35 years, though. He is hell-bent on getting me to move back. I just don't know.

No comments: