Monday, April 25, 2005

A Good Thing

At 4 pm today, the tornado sirens were blaring their warnings. I left work at 4:30 and searched the skies for a funnel. At 5:00 the sun came out and it's been beautiful ever since.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait a minute and it'll change."

I like to cook. It relaxes me. But cooking just doesn't feel right unless I have a beer in my hand. Tonight I made a batch of my homemade salsa and had a Guinness while listening to the Pogues. The salsa has been a work in progress for the better part of the past year. I was very pleased with tonight's batch. The recipe is below. If you can't find Ro-tel in your area, it's just diced tomatoes with green chiles. And you need a blender. I'm trying to think of a cool name for it. Then I'll bottle and sell it.


1 small white Onion, chopped
2 cans of Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained
2 cans of Ro-tel diced tomatoes, drained (for spicier flavor, use Extra Hot or Mexican Festival)
1 bunch of Cilantro leaves
2-3 tablespoons ground Comino
2-3 tablespoons Salt
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
2 tablespoons Lime juice
Sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)

Combine ingredients in blender and.....













blend, dumbass. Then chill for an hour. Enjoy.

No comments: