Saturday, April 30, 2005

Just hook the internet up to my veins

After the mandatory 5 o'clock Friday nap, I met up with Nate at the Flying Saucer downtown. I love the Saucer. They have about a thousand beers on tap. I had a St. Arnolds Amber and a few Paulaner Hefeweizens. Nate was drinking light beers like they were going out of style.
I saw this flyer in the bathroom.

It'd be worth dealing with the crowd just to get one of those glasses.

After the bar we met up with his wife, Kate, and some of her friends at a Lebanese restaurant/bar. They had hookhas sitting on the table and a large group of foregn-looking people dancing under a tent to strange music. Very odd place. The hookha smoke just didn't seem right to me. Kind of vanilla mocha flavored. I didn't feel anything off it. The blonde girl couldn't get enough. She was trashed and her boyfriend wasn't far behind.
By this time I was feeling pretty buzzed, but still functioning well. Nate was getting close to the edge. I decided to switch to light beers so I could be the sober one in our group.
So I got a call from the lover of belldoors? saying they were at the Goose downtown. Nate was up for it, so I rode down there with him.
We met up with Caroline and the cast of characters from her blog. It was the Redhead's birthday. We talked about blogs and bikes while Nate downed a few more beers.
By this time, Nate had gone way over the edge and past the point of no return. He had that goofy drunkass smile on his face. I drove him home and slept on their couch. Kate brought me an Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich from Jack in the Box this morning. She's great.
Today I'll probably do laundry and watch basketball.

Just so ya know, Thursday it was about 90 degrees. Last night (Friday) it got down into the lower 50s. Today it's cool and breezy, with a temperature around 70. I'm expecting it to snow tomorrow and flood Monday. Then there will probably be a few days of 100 degree weather followed by raining crickets and a plague of locusts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!