Friday, June 17, 2005

There's my sign

I have a problem. I'm a garage sale addict. It's that time of year and the Garage Sale signs are popping up everywhere. But that's not the kind of sign I'm talking about.
I'm talking about the kind of sign Bill Engvall has made his fortune talking about. You know Bill, that "Here's your sign" guy from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. The redneck stand-up guy. That one.
This is my "Here's your sign" moment:
It happened to me this weekend. I was walking to the pool at my friend KB's apartment complex and saw a guy having a garage sale. There was a sweet Zebco over there so I walked up and said, "Havin' a garage sale?".
Without missing a beat, he says, "Nope. I just like to put all my stuff out here for all the neighbors to see."
And there's my sign.

No comments: