Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A squatter


LukeDuke displays the fresh roadkill. An eventful night on PanAm road.
One of my oldest and bestest friends is coming up here today. He's gonna stay on the couch for a week or so. Maybe more.
Let's call him LukeDuke because he use to have long hair and resembles one of the Duke boys from Hazzard county. With a thick Texas drawl. If you ever heard me talk, you'd say I have a thick accent. My accent is about a 7, where he is definitely a 9 or better.
He is my best friend's first cousin. We all grew up together in a little shithole town. Played basketball, got drunk, did drugs, and basically raised hell in our teenage years.
While I moved on and got the fuck out of there, he stayed behind. The crowd we use to run with has moved on to harder and more dangerous drugs. He got caught up in it. Now it's time to make a move. He needs a place to go and be away from that crowd.
When I got the call on Saturday evening, it sounded like he was on the verge of losing it. He didn't want to get into specifics about the troubles. We've been in contact enough recently for me to know that it isn't good. He could be in big trouble if he stays down there much longer.
So that's what's going on with me today.
Also, I got two new neighbors over the weekend. One is a very plump Mexican girl with a tiny little long-haired chihuahua. She moved in next door to me.
The other is a cute single mother who moved into Shaky Dennis's old apartment.

No comments: