Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What are the odds?

Apparently lightning CAN strike twice. Remember how I told you we lost our Monday night softball game on a STRIKEOUT? Well, we lost our Tuesday night softball game on a STRIKEOUT as well. 2 Strikeouts in SLOW-PITCH (underhanded) SOFTBALL in 2 nights... to end the game. Pitiful.
Either the Gods hate me, or I am playing ball with a bunch of freakin' waterheads. Not that I did too good myself.

In other news, I have a tiny little hangover this morning. It's quickly going away thanks to granola bar, water bottle, and ibuprofen.
Apparently it is going to become a short-term tradition for my circle of friends to have beers at Gators after softball and sing horrible karaoke.
I get there early, thinking I could have a few beers and just head out before midnight. Wrong.
I get stuck at a table between the insanely happy Newlyweds and Bubba-With-a-Ring-Burning-a-Hole-in-His-Pocket. The ring is worth more than my life. Had to listen to wedding and engagement garbage for the first hour. Finally, they caught on to my gunshot-to-the-mouth mime act and dropped the subject.
Then Choate rapped for about 6 minutes and several of us sang "You've Lost That Loving Feeling". Good times were had by all.

No comments: