Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The road goes on forever

Played a doubleheader last night. Lost 'em both. The number of errors committed was somewhere in the neighborhood of 30, maybe 40. Pitiful. We did hit the ball well. Right to the opposing players.
Hung around the ball park afterwards and had a few beers. That's right, they serve beer at this softball complex. A big plastic cup of most cold draft beer is $3. Yellowbelly is on special for $2.
Then it was on to Gators for food and more drink. But lo and behold Tuesday is karaoke night at Gators. The crowd I was with really likes karaoke. It was my job to help them drink up the courage to get on stage. I rarely intoxicate myself to the point of public displays, but was damn close to doing so last night. But then the bar closed and I was saved from embarassing myself.

I will be going out of town the next three weekends. This time it's for a little R&R down in Galveston. After that its the obligatory Easter visit to see the folks and go to church for the first time this year. Following that will be a visit home once more to attend a bachelor party for my poor unfortunate cousin. He's marrying his ex-wife's former best friend, who half our friends slept with in high school. Yes.
If I ever have to move back home, I'm going to carry a voice recorder around and write scripts for Springer. I wonder, does that show still come on?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Jerry Springer does still broadcast.

Salt of the Earth, his guests.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

You've gone from "I think I'm a decent guy" to "TITTY BARD ARE THE DEVIL>"

That's an awesome progression.

I only karaoke Blue Moon by the Marcels. Decently, too. I think.

The Smoking Redhead said...

Nice new do. Enjoy your weekends away!

Anonymous said...

I never cared for baseball since I caught one in the beanbag back in 1981.

Have fun in Galveston.