Sunday, March 20, 2005

Redneck Spring Break

Made it to the beach in 5 hours.
Spent the entire weekend driving up and down the beach.
Then drove 6 hours back home. Put about 700 miles on the Saturn.
Drank like an Irish sailor all weekend and ate fresh raw oysters.
Played horseshoes and washers on the beach. Lost every damn game.
I wore a hat, wifebeater and sunglasses, but refused sunscreen. So now I have the outline of the glasses and wifebeater in white where the rest of my body is bright tomato red. Also have a contrasting white and red forehead from the hat.
I have an appointment with skin cancer when I turn 30.
Saw four mulletts (would have been five but one was just a wig). Saw lot of boobs.
Danced with several lucky young ladies at Sharkys pub. (If you ever see me dance, please take my keys away. I will no doubt be slobbering stumbling drunk.)
Then it rained like crazy and I fell in the mud.

I love the beach.

3 comments:

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

That sounds glorious, Darrel.

Caroline said...

Ha ha ha you danced! I've heard stories about you in that state.

The Smoking Redhead said...

Hey, a fellow beach lover!!!