Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's a race

The job has been a gargantuan cornucopia of fuck-ups today. Someone else's, not mine. The fallout will definitely mean more work is headed my way, though.
I've been walking quickly back and forth with documents to sign, read, review, or revise. Several people have commented on my stern expression and pissed-off disposition. I have little enthusiasm for work today. I am all business, no bullshit. Barely time to eat lunch.
The storm has somehow lulled long enough to type this.
A 6 month old project has been blown all to hell. Heads will roll. Angry phone calls will be made. Contracts and options will be reviewed. We will lose money that we cannot afford to lose.
Thank God I have job security. No one else knows my system. One of the few benefits of taking over an important position that was neglected in the past is that you can rethink and reorganize things to your liking.
"That was the old way. This is how we do it now" - I say that very often.
Maybe I should say another company is interested in talking to me. See how fast they offer a raise.
On the bright side, I am getting a free couch. Thanks, Caroline.

3 comments:

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Sounds like a day in which you'll have to make like your blogger picture and down a few.

Other Brother said...

You damn right, Steve

The Smoking Redhead said...

I'll even buy the first round.