Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm too old for this shit

Friday night I went to Sneaky Pete's with LukeDuke and his friend, the Dude. We had some Jager bombs and watched a kickass band. Then we went back to the Dude's trailer park and talked to some high school kids. LukeDuke broke out the guee-tar and we drunkenly sang along to "Curtis Lowe", "Willin", and "Country Boy Can Survive". Good times. I passed out on the couch and spooned with some cats.

We woke up Saturday morning and played golf at a par-3 9-hole course near Lake Lewisville. It was cheap and easy. Just how I like them.
Saturday night I went to one of the best concerts ever with the Belldoorlover. Jimmy Eat World opened for them and I was really excited about seeing them, but was very disappointed in their performance. It was kind of shitty and lasted only about 30 minutes.
Green Day on the other hand, they rocked like none other. The show was intense and they really got the crowd involved. Even if it did feel like a Nazi rally at times.
The best part was when they pulled these kids up on stage to play for them. It was awesome. First they found a drummer in the audience, then a bass player, and finally a guitar player. Three random people from the pit got to play in front of thousands while Billy Joe sang.
That's some cool shit right there.

Sunday I played in a co-ed softball tournament with my cousin. She's on a good team and they needed an extra guy. It was a small 3-team tournament and we ended up killing both of the other teams. We walked away with the championship and some shirts.
The games were at 12, 2, and 4. The temperature for each game was about 100, 105, and 110. Seriously, I think I lost about 5 pounds just standing in the heat alone. Nevermind all the running.

Monday night we had a tripleheader with games at 6, 7, and 8. After playing all day Sunday I was pretty sore. By the middle of our first game I thought my arm would fall off and my right calf started tightening up. But I played through it. I'm a gamer.
We won the first two games and lost the last one on a close play. It seemed like we were just out of gas.

Today I'm hobbling around like an old man. My arm hurts. My right calf is not functioning properly at all. My ass hurts. My neck pops every time I move it. And for some strange reason the 4th toe on my right foot has curled up under my 3rd toe, making it painful to walk on the outside of my foot.
I just want to sit in a hot tub and get a good massage. Anybody up for it?

No comments: