Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Highs and Lows - Gutters and Strikes

Very quickly because I'm swamped here, this is the weekend story.

Thursday afternoon I left work around 2:15 p.m. (15 minutes after my boss left) and drove down to Beaumont for the Jason Boland concert. The concert was the definition of awesomeness.
I'm worried about Jason, though. He's too skinny. Probably the drugs.
Anyway, I ended up getting surrounded by a bunch of Brooke's (my ex-girlfriend/still-good-friend) co-workers and challenging them all to a fight. I'd had a few too many Jagers and they were pushing up on her a little too much for my liking.
So with a head full of booze and directions to the main assholes house, I set off at 2 a.m. to kick the shit out of him.
Note: This is totally out of character for me to behave this way. I got a little out of hand with the booze and I absolutely cannot stand for someone to put their finger in my face.
After banging on his door for a good 15 minutes, I left. The neighbors were on the porch.
Passed out on Brooke's couch and woke at 8 a.m. to her apologizing for her behavior. She was pretty trashed too and kind of instigated the whole confrontation. Drama queen.

Friday I played golf with an old friend on his birthday and visited with my mom and little brother. Friday night I went to see my dad play the guitar at a coffee house.
Left that night for Galveston at around 11 p.m. Arrived around 1 a.m.
Met the old crew from high school at a little Irish bar on the Strand and got obliterated in about an hour. Then we walked up and down the beach drinking Jager and telling old stories until the wee hours.
Actually strolled up to the front desk of the nicest hotel on the island in flip flops, shorts, and a tank top, rolling a cooler full of High Life through the lobby and demanded a room. Got it.

Saturday we were treated to a dinner by the father of my old friend The Bronald (named so because he has hair like Trump). Then it was back to the hotel for beers by the pool.
That lasted about 30 minutes. They kicked us out for sneaking our cooler into the pool area.
Did I tell you this place was ritzy? It was like the Clampetts Go to Galveston.
So we decide the best place for white trash like us is the beach. And that's where we spent the day sailing, drinking, joking, remembering old times, and hitting golf balls into the ocean.
I also got shit on by a seagull. Second time in 6 months a bird has shit on me. What are the odds?
At this point I would have a great pic to show you guys but you already know about the phone and it's sudden untimely death.
Afterwards it was off to shower and get ready for another night on the town.
We hit a few bars and drank way too much.
Ended up back at the hotel pool where I met a beautiful young lady from Humble. She was gorgeous. We danced in the pool and made out like junior high kids in the hot tub. I got her number and promised to call her soon.
Then my cell phone died.
She's gone forever.
I don't even remember her name now.

I love Galveston.

No comments: