Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Like a Rhinestone Cowboy

Friday night I went to the horsetrack with Nate. We drank beers and gambled. Lost $40.

Saturday LukeDuke came back to town and we went to Sneaky Pete's. We ate and played pool. LD started taking JagerBombs and hitting on random girls. The boy has no fear of rejection whatsoever. Knock him down and he'll get right back up.
We laughed at this guy because he looked like Tattoo from Fantasy Island.

"The plane, boss. The plane."

So we left Sneaky Pete's and headed to the greatest honkytonk bar ever, BillyBob's.
Things were going well as we made our way around , checking out all the cool memorabilia.

LukeDuke with a cast of the late great Johnny Cash's hands.
Below is the saddle chandelier that hangs above the dancefloor at BillyBob's. My camera phone doesn't do it justice.

I will have one of these hanging in my living room someday.
The hands below belonged to one of the greatest honkytonk singers of all time.

Gary Stewart committed suicide on December 16, 2003. For recording beautiful songs like An Empty Glass, he will be greatly missed. If you're looking for some good beer-drinking music, get your hands on some of his stuff. You will not be disappointed.

After many failed attempts, some girls finally talked to us.

They were from California. The one on the left is married with 3 kids, but the one next to LD was single and very hot. She was loving our accents and hanging with us shot-for-shot.
She danced with LD. Then she danced with me. (Yes, I can slow dance and even two-step if beautiful women are interested in doing so).
As the night wore on, she got a little closer and a lot drunker. LukeDuke threw up and went to the truck, so he was out of the picture. As I walked her out, she threw her arms around me and we made out in the parking lot. Good times, my friends. Good times, indeed.
(She gave me her cell number, but didn't answer or return my call the next day. Oh well.)

I'll post about the Willie Picnic later (plenty to talk about there as well).

No comments: