Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm too old for this shit

The Monday night team remains undefeated, despite the fact that we hit the ball like a bunch of limp-wristed flamers. Both games came down to the final at-bat. Both times someone came through in the clutch and saved the day.

I had an opportunity to be the hero of the first game. If only I'd caught that looong fly ball that bounced off the top of the fence in right.
Instead I ran head-first into the fence, bounced off, looked around, saw the ball lying on the ground, and threw it in. The chain-link fence left a nice imprint on my face.
We won the first game in a come-from-behind effort, since we were the home team.

In the second game I made a sweet diving catch on a short pop-up behind first base. I dove, caught the ball, rolled and came up firing to complete an awesome double play.
We ended up winning that game when our left-fielder made a similar double play to end the 7th inning (we were visitors).

Today I'm definitely paying for. My back hurts, my knees ache, and I've got a nice little strawberry on my elbow. But it was worth it.

No comments: