Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekend Recap

I lost 30 bucks at the horsetrack Friday. It's okay, though. Only ended up spending about $40 total, because Amstel Lights were $1.75.
I would've won close to 50, but another longshot ruined my superfecta.
I suck at picking the ponies. I suck at gambling all together. I even lose a partypoker.com.

I hit some garage sales Saturday morning, while rounding up supplies for a BBQ. Got a sweet Busch belt buckle ($1.00), a Dean Koontz paperback (Watchers $0.10), a Richard Bachman hardcover (The Regulators $0.50), an old Trivial Pursuit game ($1.00) and a pair of Carhardt overalls ($2.00). Then I spent the day at a friend's pool, drinking beers and cooking steaks. The sun was fierce. I refused to wear any sunscreen, so now I'm burned. Should have a nice tan in a few days, though.

The big bicycle race was scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I picked out a park and called the Belldoorlover to schedule a time. After some hemming and a little hawing, she came up with an excuse. "I have a flat", she says. Not sure if this is true, but it would be a very lame excuse to use. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Anyway. With no one to ride with, I decided to start reading one of the books I'd purchased.
The Regulators is a novel by Richard Bachman (Stephen King) that ties in somewhat with the Dark Tower series. I'm nearly half-way through it now. It's good. That's all I can really say about it. I find that people either love King's novels or hate them. I am a Constant Reader of his works.

So that's how the weekend went. It was too short, but still refreshing.
Work sucks. Wish I'd win the lottery or something.
Oh well. Memorial Day weekend is coming up and I'll be at Rayburn with some good friends and family. Can't wait.

Oh yeah, the Mavs lost the series to Phoenix. Then Phoenix got their asses kicked by San Antonio. It'll be a short series. Spurs in 5, maybe 6.
That is all.

No comments: