Tuesday, May 10, 2005

10, 2, and 4

Please excuse my arrogance today. I'm pissed because my teams are losing big. BIG.

I'm going to let all you foreigners, non-Texans, and yankee bastards in on another of the many things Texas has that you don't. You should already be extremely jealous of us because Texas has:
no state income tax
the Willie Nelson 4th of July Picnic
Shiner Bock
Zeigenbock
the Dallas Cowboys
a flag that flies at the same height as the US flag
The Alamo
the death penalty
and so on and so on.

Just one more great thing about Texas is this -

DUBLIN DR. PEPPER
Not just any old Dr. Pepper, a Dublin Dr. Pepper is made from Imperial Pure Cane Sugar. Not from high fructose corn syrup, like most sodas in the grocery store.
This makes for a much sweeter DP.
Use to be, the only place you could get one was in Dublin, Texas, which is about 2 hours southwest of Fort Worth. The Dublin Dr. Pepper Bottling Company is the oldest Dr. Pepper bottling facility in the world. I use to stop by and pick up a few cases every time I headed down to the deer camp.
Nowadays, Chicken Express has Dublin DP as a soda option. I love it. There is a Chicken Express next to the 7-11 by my apartment. It's great.

So now you know another great thing about Texas.

No comments: