Thursday, May 12, 2005

Magical Fruit

There will be no more talk of Thursday night softball here. None.
Monday night is still open for comment, but Thursday night is dead to me. Dead.

I've been tinkering in the kitchen again.
We had a potluck lunch today at work. I was originally planning on making salsa, but there was a lack of meat dishes on the menu.
So I pulled out some pork chops my dad gave me last fall. He killed a wild hog that was rooting up his backyard.
Then I soaked some pinto beans for a few hours and chopped up an onion. Added a little cilantro and grilled the chops on the George Foreman.
I seasoned and cooked the beans in a Crock Pot for about 2 hours, added the pork and a sliced jalapeno, then set the pot on low overnight.
The result was pretty good, but the beans were still a little harder than I wanted.

No comments: