Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Two Erics?

This is pretty trivial, but it bugs me so listen. My new favorite show is House MD. The black doctor on there is Eric Foreman. My old favorite show was That 70s Show. The skinny white kid on there is Eric Foreman. What are the writers at Fox thinking? Did they run out of names to use?

So I'm sitting in a meeting yesterday with all these really intelligent people, right? I can hold my own in the discussion. No problem. I was trying to act professional because normally when these people come to my office they find me tossing scraps of paper into the trashcan from 20 feet while listening to Pantera and yelling out, "He shoots he scores!!!!". I make my own fun. But I was sitting there listening attentively when my boss (who is a "PhD from Purdue with 20 years experience in the industry") was asked a question he didn't know the answer to. His response was, "The nuances of that process make it difficult for me to respond accurately at this time." I almost died. The QC manager turned red and we had to avoid eye contact with each other for the rest of the meeting. Otherwise, I would've seriously lost it. Some people are so formal in everything they do. I would've said "I don't know" or "Let me get back to you on that one". Yanks.

2 comments:

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

"Unforseen cicumstances are impeding my progress in regards to the resolution of that issue" is a favorite of mine.

The Smoking Redhead said...

LOL, I got nothing, I'm laughing too hard