Monday, February 21, 2005

Beer, backflips, boobies, and bogeys

This was one of the best weekends I've had in a really long time. Here's the rundown.

Friday:
Hit a bar with some friends. Some band was playing that I'd never heard of. They started out pissing me off with a Big and Rich song. I despise Big and Rich. Then they did a 30 minute medley which included every popular song a group of white boys could play. They covered everything from Digital Underground's Humpty Dance to Poison's Every Rose Has Its Thorn. I was actually kind of impressed.

Saturday:
My old college roommate has the perfect job. He's a motocross nut who paid for his college education by starting a dump truck company in high school and building motocross dirt tracks. He now runs the freestyle motocross tour and travels around the country running shows. This weekend they were in Dallas, so a group of about 15 friends got together and went to see the show. It was fuckin awesome. The tricks were all very tight. No accidents. And the last guy did 4 backflips.
Afterwards, we all decided to go to the Cabaret Royale and see some titties. I love strippers. Strippers love me. It's a nice relationship. I actually ended up with a phone number.
Ended the night by drinking scotch and playing hold 'em with some friends until 5 in the morning.

Sunday:
I woke up at 11 on the couch. No car, no golf clubs, and a tee time at 1. It was close, but I made it to the course at 12:55. Actually played rather well and ended up winning 20 bucks. Not too shabby. Afterwards, it was Hooter for some naked hot wings and beer. The waitress was hot, too.

So that was my weekend. I really needed it because this week is going to be hectic at work.

I do have one more thing to say (this has been a long post for me). We lost a great writer and interesting character over the weekend. Hunter S. Thompson apparently shot himself. If you've never seen the movie or read the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I highly recommend it. Moment of silence for the godfather of gonzo journalism, please.

1 comment:

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

If only every good weekend could be encapsulated in title with good alliteration.