Monday, February 28, 2005

Bowling, beer, breakfast burritos, and a book

Just for the record, this weekend wasn't as good as the last one. I went bowling and drinking Friday with friends. My boss tagged along.
When you make an ass in front of your supervisor, have a drink.
When you start telling him about all the inter-office relationships he doesn't know about, have another.
When your friends start talking about smoking weed in front of your boss, have two more drinks and a shot of Jager.
When your boss leaves and you feel relieved that you can finally truly relax, have a drink.
Hell, have another drink just because it's Friday.

Then wake up at home in bed and wonder how you got there.

Just for the record, Saturday was spent in a state of dehydrated hell. I did make it out to the library, however, and got another Palahniuk book. Diary, it is called. I devoured it along with my breakfast burritos. It was the inspiration for this post.

4 comments:

The Smoking Redhead said...

Sounds like we spent Saturday in much the same way.

Caroline said...

Diary is amazing. If you haven't already you should read Invisible Monsters.

Stace said...

I love the library, most of the time to crowded for my taste, but always good times. Sorry to hear about your dehydration, but you are still living, always a plus.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

More alliteration! Yes!

I have a huge reading list I haven't started yet.

All for fun, too. No mandatories in there.