Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dysfunctional? us?

My father's brother, let's call him Sluggo, is a worthless no good piece of shit. Mooching burnout old man. He broke my grandmother's heart by dumping his youngest son, let's call him Dumbshit, on her when his current girlfriend refused to let him live with her anymore. He's currently being removed from the will.
His oldest son, let's call him Vidor, is 7 years older than me. I looked up to him and asked him for advice growing up. Now he's a covicted felon several times over doing 18-months in Tennessee Colony. Racist drug addict liar.
Dumbshit has been staying with my grandparents for the past year and causing all kinds of trouble. My dad gets really worked up about it when we talk about the situation.
My grandfather use to be a hardass. But nowadays he's getting softer. I'm not sure why.
Dumbshit managed to get himself kicked out of high school yesterday. He's 17 now and will turn 18 in April. This is the last straw.
My dad calls me last night and he's on the warpath.
"Get down here ASAP! We're putting an end to this bullshit!"
And he's right. It's time to stop coddling the lying little bastard thief. (He stole some speakers and DVDs from me when I was living out there.)
It's not like this is something new to the family. My great-grandfather had to raise Vidor when he was a kid. And look how well he turned out.
So I'm going back home this weekend to help sort this thing out. I pray that everything goes smoothly but the way my dad sounded last night... loud, angry words are going to be spoken. And I'll be damned if I let anyone lay a hand on my father.

No comments: