Tuesday, October 04, 2005

You're puttin' the pussy on a pedestal

Rita's refugees have returned home. Order has been somewhat restored and electricity is available in much of the Southeast Texas area. Lots of money is being made by entrepeneurial (think that's the way you spell it) spirits with chainsaws, tractors and backhoes. My uncle's house was a total loss. I'm going back soon to check it all out and take pictures. I'll try to post them here.

We played really good softball in the first 3 games of the tournament this Saturday. Then everything went to shit.
Finished in 5th and had fun anyway. Drank lots of beer afterwards and harassed a skunk (Danger is my middle name).

I went to see the 40 Year Old Virgin. Absolutely hilarious film. I laughed until I cried when Steve Carrell got his chest waxed. Even though I knew what was going to happen because it was in all the previews, it was still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. To sacrifice himself for a good laugh like that bumps him WAY up my list of favorite comics. Great movie. Go see it immediately.

Cal: You're *gay* now?
David: No, I'm not gay I'm just celibate.
Cal: I think? I mean, that sounds ga- I just want you to know this is like the first conversation of like three conversations that leads to you being gay. Like... there's this and then in a year it's like, "Oh you know, I kinda wanna, ya know, get back out there but I think I like guys" and then there's the big, "Oh I'm I'm a g-gay guy now".
David: You're gay for saying that.
Cal: I'm gay for saying that?
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How? How do you know I'm gay?
David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.
Cal: You know how I know *you're* gay? You just told me you're not sleeping with women any more.
David: You know how I know that you're gay?
Cal: How? Cuz you're gay? and you can tell who other gay people are.
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.
David: You know how I know that you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like the movie "Maid in Manhattan".
Cal: You know how I know *you're* gay?
David: How?
Cal: I saw you make a spinach dip in a loaf of sour dough bread once.
David: You know how I know that you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You have a rainbow bumpersticker on your car that says "I love it when *balls* are in my face".
Cal: That's *gay*?

Haziz: Do you know how I know you're gay? Because you are holding each other ever so gently.

Previews use to be one of my favorite things about going to the theater to see a movie. They use to show a few brief snippets of the film and maybe a catchphrase or two, but still leave enough of the plot unknow to actually peak my interest.
Not so much anymore.
Now they cram basically the entire plot, all the sweet crash scenes, and a few gratuitous half-nekkid shots in a 2 minute trailer. What's the point in seeing the movie if you already know what's going to happen?
Like Titanic. I knew the boat was going to sink the whole time. No big surprise there.

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://aqiwymol.o-f.com/rytaqys.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]