Monday, October 10, 2005

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Friday night I went to the bonfire party in Midlothian. There was no fire, but plenty of food and free beer. I wasn't expecting much from the night. Just a few drinks, a couple games of ping pong, and maybe a shot of tequila or three. When we got there I learned that they were frying a turkey! and they had an electronic dartboard!
That made my night right there, but as a bonus there were also a lot of fine ladies running around the party.
I had lots of beers and several tequilas, then whooped some ass at cut-throat cricket (3 bullseyes in a row).
At the end of the night, FIS gave me a ride and I talked to his GPS system the whole way back to Arlington.
"Kit, take us home."
"Kit, where is the closest IHOP?"
"Kit, how long will it take us to get to Shiner, Texas?"

I awoke Saturday on FIS's couch, where I would spend most of the day. The crew came over and we cooked monster cheeseburgers, drank more beer, and watched Texas kicked the dogshit out of OU. It was pretty brutal.
I hung around later on that night as well. We cooked steaks and watched the Astros beat the Braves to take a 2-1 lead in the series. Then I went home and slept for about 10 hours. It was a good day.

Sunday morning I went to the American Airlines Center with SaltDog. The Mavericks were doing an autograph session from 11-12. We bought some photos, a basketball, and a Mavs flag. I ended up with an autographed Jerry Stackhouse photo, Dirk Nowitzki photo, and got my flag signed by Keith Van Horn and Derrick Armstrong. It was pretty cool to meet the Mavs, even if it was only for a second.
I took a lot of pics and when they get developed, I'll post them.
Then I met George and his new girl at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grapevine.
My Cowboys "manhandled" the Eagles, to use the words of Mr. Bledsoe. Not even a close game. I was stoked.
Meanwhile, the Astros were playing a marathon game with Atlanta that went into the 18th inning. Burke hit the walk-off homer and my team is going to St. Louis to face the Cardinals.
It was a great weekend for me and for Texas teams in general.

No comments: