Friday, September 23, 2005

A week I will never forget

While she is supposedly losing strength, Rita is aiming directly for the Golden Triangle area (Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange).
My family is together in the brick home I grew up in. They have boarded up the windows and stocked up on supplies. They are in Kountze, about 20 minutes north of Beaumont.
The house they are in is solid, and the fact that they are all together is comforting.
However, our prayers are still needed.

In more local news, the wedding tonight is on. My friend's fiancee was stuck in traffic on I-45 for over 20 hours! Her and her family finally made it in late last night and she is ready to get married. We've thrown together a ceremony and are looking forward to a kickass Hurricane Party. I'm leaving early to go help.
Peace out and keep the faith.

No comments: