Thursday, January 20, 2005

That feeling, you can only say what it is in French

I make a lot of copies at work. It's part of the process validation. It's also a requirement that each copy be stamped COPY.
I found that it's easier to hit the pages as they exit the copier than wait for them to finish and flip through each one. (Actually, a co-worker showed me this trick. I cannot take credit for coming up with it, modesty prevents me.)
There is an older lady who works here and has a somewhat important job. The first time she saw me doing this she made a remark - "Oh, now that's a good idea. You are so smart!" I was flattered, but replied that it wasn't totally my idea.
A few months later she saw me doing this again (I do it nearly every day) and made a similar remark. I dismissed it as deja vu.
Today she saw me making copies and doing my little trick again. She says, "I have never seen anyone do that before! That's a really good idea."

1 comment:

The Smoking Redhead said...

Maybe she is smoking too much weed? Maybe you are?