Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I want my MTV - wait a minute, no I don't

House M.D. is one of the best new shows I have seen in a long time. Since I don't have cable anymore, I have become a slave to network television. All I watch now is Fox. (American Idol, OC, Point Pleasant, Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, etc.)

This gives me time to catch up on my reading. I started The Stand a few days ago. I've been meaning to read it for a long time. I thought it was a nice coincidence that the book is about a superflu that devestates America and I have a cold. The version of The Stand I bought is the big one with all the extra stuff King didn't include in the first print. It's going to take a long time to read, but I don't see cable television coming back to my apartment for a long time.
I have always enjoyed Stephen King books. The first one I read was Skeleton Crew. I started the Dark Tower series this summer when I was unemployed. I flew through the first 6 books in about 2 months, then waited impatiently for the 7th and final one to come out. I picked it up the day it came out and holed up in my room until I finished it. It was a different ending to the series than I had imagined. The cool thing about King is that a lot of his books have this common thread of characters who play a role in the Dark Tower series. The Stand is one of the books that ties into and Roland's quest for the Dark Tower, but I'm not sure how yet...

No comments: