Friday, January 14, 2005

Neighbor

I introduced myself to the neighbor that lives below me when I moved in. This is the conversation we had last night - or what I remember of it.

Tom: Hey, Dwayne, right?
Me: It's Darrel. Whats up, Tom? Is the radio too loud?
Tom: Yeah, I mean I'm not trying to be a jerk and I'd never go to the office to report you. It's just that these walls are so thin and I'm right below you...
Me: I understand, I'll try to keep it down. I wanted to ask, what hours do you work so I'll know when to be quiet?
Tom: You see.. Dwayne, right?
Me: Darrel.
Tom: I work in sales and usually don't get home until about 10 or so...
Me: Oh really, what kind of sales?
Tom: Well, Dwayne I've been with Kirby for about 10 years now.
Me: Oh.
Tom: But I had to take some time off because work was getting to me and I know you've been moving in the past few days. Honestly all the moving around and noise really has me on edge.
Me: I'm sorry, Tom. I'll keep it down.
Tom: It's just that I can hear every move you make and I've been really edgy lately.
Me: Okay. If you think I'm being too loud just beat on the ceiling or something.
Tom: Alright, Dwayne.
Me: It's DARREL.
Tom: Okay, talk to you later.

For those who aren't aware, Kirby is a vaccum cleaner company. This guy has been selling vaccums door-to-door for 10 years. No wonder he's on edge. I mean, if he can't remember my name when I tell him 3 times he must not be a very good salesman either. Guess I won't be throwing any wild parties at my place.


1 comment:

The Smoking Redhead said...

Sounds like he needs to get laid....bad!