Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Hazy Hacking Homecoming

The interview was early Thursday morning and I got lost on the way. Luckily I had left way early, so I was still right on time.
It went well. Now I just have to wait. Which sucks. I wanted to know if I got the job right away. I'm impatient.
That night we had the fire, steaks, and beers I had hoped for. The weather was perfect. I stayed up late talking to an old friend and throwing logs on the fire. We got pretty wasted and passed out in my mom's living room.

I spent most of Friday in my stepdad's recliner watching old home movies and doing laundry. Then I went to my real dad's house and ate brisket with the family. We ate birthday cake and ice cream, then I left for Nac.
I got really wasted at my old bar, Headliners, and then went to Shack. I ended up crashing out on my friends couch. Fully clothed with boots, hat, and jacket still on.

Saturday was a blur of hazy recollections. I started off at Chili's where we had about 4 Jagers and a couple of Shiners before 1:00 pm. Then we went to the tailgate party. After that, it's really foggy but I'm pretty sure I went back to Headliners and then to Sport Shack again.
The after party was at the Sig Tau house. I remember there was a really hot fairy running around. Her eyes were beautiful and I'm pretty sure I told her so a couple of times.
Last thing I remember was Taco Bell with Clay-Z. Then I passed out in the dance room.

I woke up Sunday at the Sig Tau house and decided I should haul ass to DFW. Got about 5 miles out of town before realizing that I'd left half my stuff. Turned around and ended up watching the Cowboys play (hitting their stride midseason) while nursing an increasingly horrible headache.
The drive home was one of the worst.
I developed a really nasty cough. Everytime I coughed it made my head hurt worse. I was miserable. I took lots of meds and tried to sleep it off. Key word - tried.

After a night of little sleep, I got up Monday morning and came into the office. Piles of paperwork on my desk. Huge heaping piles.
"Hey, you know we need all this taken care of by noon today right?"
No. Goddamn you all to hell. Why? Fuck.
And on top of that it rained. Hard. No softball.
Yesterday sucked. Leave it at that.
Today isn't much better, but at least I'm not feeling sick anymore. TheraFlu is magic.

No comments: