Monday, November 21, 2005

Right back where we started from

I got drunk at the neighbor's apartment Friday night after I helped her move a bunch of furniture and shit. They got a new bedroom set. It's pimp. I'm a little jealous because all my stuff is old hand-me-down shit. I kind of like it that way though. I'd rather spend the money on a fun weekend.
Speaking of which, this weekend turned out to be pretty cool. I played a softball tournament Saturday.
Well honestly, it was more like I played one game (sober) at 10 am (won 15-0). Then went to the bar to watch Ohio State and Michigan until about 2 pm. Then played (good hard buzz) at 3 pm (lost by 4).
After that we went to the horsetrack and bet on the ponies until about 7 pm. I actually came out losing less than usual this time. I'm getting better at this gambling thing.
Then we played our last game (good and lit) at 8 pm (and lost by 2 runs).

I left my apartment a total of about 3 times Sunday, but just to walk the dog. He's been shitting a lot lately. Hope he's okay.
Cowboys won again and I'm on a 3 game win streak in my fantasy league. If I keep this up I may even make the playoffs.

In other news, the job search is officially on. I am actively pursuing other career opportunities. One such possibility exists in California, which would be a big move. Farther away from home than I've ever lived. But it's Cali. That whole OC and Laguna Beach thing kind of appeals to me. I'm sure life over there is exactly like they portray it on those shows. Isn't it?

No comments: