Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's over

We got Choate buried this weekend. His funeral was the largest I have ever been to. There were people I hadn't seen in years who came out of the woodwork to pay their respects. To say that Marc's passing will have an impact on my life and those around me would be an enormous understatement.
A phrase I heard about a million times in the past week (because it is so evident and true) is that Marc was "one in a million". But fuck that. He was one of a kind all together. Completely unique and without equal.
The funeral was gut-wrenching. KB put together an awesome slideshow of pictures that took us from Marc's birth right up to the night of the wreck in Vegas. Then a group of his closest friends got up and spoke about Marc and the impact he had on their lives. Chuck was still pretty banged up and it was obvious he will be emotionally scarred for a long time, but he toughed it out and said his piece.
I haven't cried like that in years.
When the burial was over and everyone had time to recollect themselves, we met up at club Shade in Dallas. It was a great time as glasses were raised in Choata Boy's honor all night long.
The celebration of Marc's life ended early for me, as I had to catch a flight Sunday morning for St. Louis.

The interview in St. Louis went pretty well but I got kind of nervous during the rapid-fire interrogation session. It doesn't really matter though. I don't want to move out of Texas, so this morning I signed a contract with the company in Kansas City and gave my 2 weeks notice to the current boss.
This new job allows me to continue living here while traveling during the week to work. And the pay is pretty decent. They want me to be in Indianapolis on the 17th to start. I'm excited.

No comments: