Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fingers crossed

This softball season has gotten off to an amazingly awful start. Four games in and we're 0-4. I had to pitch last night because the regular pitcher was out. Yeah, we lost 20-5 in 3 innings. In my defense, it's slow-pitch softball. There's not much you can do as a pitcher to throw the batter off. If the guys are good (like the teams we're playing), they're going to get hits. But it's still early in the season. We can turn it around.

I went back to Beaumont this past weekend to see the family and hang out with friends. Everyone is doing well. Most people are keeping busy with repairing and remodeling homes damaged by the hurricane.
My dad has his 3rd (and hopefully final) disability hearing in April. He's staying optimistic and really looking forward to pleading his case. I pray it all works out for him.

The girlfriend situation is going really well. She's been coming over every night since I got back into town. This is not because she's clingy or anything. It's because she'll be in California over spring break and we won't get to see each other. I think she really likes me. I definitely like her.
So I guess I haven't fucked this one up yet.

No comments: