Thursday, February 16, 2006

I didn't sell out, I bought in

On the 14th day of February you can usually find me downing longnecks at some bar and watching basketball. I tend to take the pessimistic view that Valentine's Day is a bogus holiday invented by Hallmark, Hershey's, and the restaurant industry. Bitter about being single, but glad to be a free man none the less.
This year I sold out. The timing was just too good.
I met this girl back when I was a senior in college and she was a freshman. She bowled with us on our Wednesday night league. She hung out with my fraternity all the time. She's funny, beautiful, and intelligent. But at the time she was dating one of my fraternity brothers. So nothing ever happened.
So I cooked dinner for her (stuffed bell peppers and italian asparagus) and we got wine drunk. It was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had.

Okay enough mushy bullshit. After a 2 month break, it's almost time to start the softball season back up. This year's teams are lacking depth. We need pitching. Badly. Because last year's pitcher can't play and I don't want to do it.
Also, my old roommate's dirt bike tour will be making a stop in Dallas this weekend. I went last year and had a blast. This year should be even better since damn near every person who owns a dirtbike can do a backflip. Last year we only got to see about 5 flips. I'm waiting to see if someone can pull off a front flip. or die trying.

And finally, SPORTS. The Mavs are in 1st place! Avery Johnson is a great coach. The Rangers might be getting the Rocket. or he could stay in Houston. Either one is fine with me, just so long as he stays in Texas.
And the rest of the world hates America, because we have more gold medals than them. Haters.

No comments: